Monday, September 7, 2009

Welcome to Israel

So, better late than never, right?

I'm here in Israel, in my room in Beit Nativ. My room is 611 in the old building, which isn't any less nice than the new building, in fact, many people argue that the rooms are nicer here. So that's good. It's pretty weird right now, because Judah, David and I got in to Ben Gurion at 7:30 am Israel time, which means that we got to the Fuchsberg Center at around 9 ish. I had missed the bus (there is a charter bus to Hebrew U during minimester) and Judah and David didn't really feel like walking the twelve and a half steps to the yeshiva, so we just started unpacking and lazing around. You all probably know what an excellent bum I can be when I put my mind to it. I was having a lot of trouble unpacking because I would take things out of my bags and then have nowhere to put them because the closet/shelf space is very small. At noon, Elkana (assistant director of the program) let the three of us down into the storage lair to find the stuff that had been left for us. I now have a lot of shelves, thank you Kari. Plus, I have under the bed bins (I just now realized that that's why they are long and flat), and assorted other things (including a brand new Scene-It Harry Potter DVD trivia game from Missy and SBR...weird but very thoughtful). Unpacking is still going slowly, as I'm simply too tired to do much of anything effectively, but I have some basics into their shelves. The Hebrew U kids will be getting back in a few more hours, and around when they get back, the Yeshiva kids will be getting out of class. Now I think its time for me to get in a nap - hopefully jet-laggedness doesn't do crazy things to me.

More soon,
Seffi

2 comments:

  1. Hey Seffi, Welcome to Israel! Hope you are having a good time already, and of course, hope to catch up with you. Meanwhile it's great we can all follow your "Israeli experience".

    Orr Friedman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sef!

    I'm so glad you're enjoying Nativ- Everything sounds amazing and it looks like you're taking advantage of all of the spectacular-ness of it =] (it's a word- don't question it =] )

    I just wanted to say that I feel honored that SBR and I and our lovely game got mentioned. Shana Tovah! Miss you!

    -Missy

    ReplyDelete