Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Starting Classes

I'm sitting in the courtyard of the Rothberg School with my classmates hanging out before class starts. I thought now would be a good time to update you guys on how things have been going. Yesterday, I started classes for the "minimester" (basically September) which is what we do so as to not waste the time before the chagim. I placed out of minimester ulpan so I'm taking three courses. Israeli Society, Culture and Politics with Dr. David Mendelsson (required for non ulpan students); Jewish Text and Historical Context with Dr. Alick Issacs (it was this or film); and Jerusalem Through the Ages Intermediate with Dr. Doron Bar (i could choose between the two levels - beginners or this. Beginners is taught by David Keren and has 35 people in it to my class' 10). I had Issacs yesterday and I like him, but don't love his class - too much of a lecture session and not really discussion - but I think it might get better.

Last night we had our first Erev Nativ. Every Tuesday night we have a mandatory evening program with our group. This week we had drama games at Beit Nativ. It was fun, but nothing great. It's getting to be time to get to class, talk to you all later.

Seffi

No comments:

Post a Comment