Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Rush of Memories

This post may be more stream-of-consciousness then you are used to, but I'll do my best.

I think my Isaacs exam went fine - and thus ended minimester.

I went to the Dr. on Thursday and he was very helpful (Yossi says he's really the top notch guy at the practice). Hopefully Yossi will make things work with the insurance so that I can see the neurologist like I am supposed to. Thursday night was lots of fun going out on the town with friends, but I came back (relatively) early with a few friends.

Friday morning I woke up at noonish and went to lunch. At lunch, Shosh and Cori wrangled me into planning and leading a parshat hashavuah session about which I was first very unenthusiastic but then when they asked my friend Jordana to do it with me it became a party. Josh, Jordana and I went to the Marzipan bakery to buy rugelach for Shabbat, and then we got back and Jordana and I went to work. We were discussing and studying the parsha for literally three hours (and it is only 41 lines!) and we put together the basics for a pretty good discussion session and trusted to our fellow Nativers to participate and make it great.

That night, I walked to Shira Hadasha with Jordana for Maariv which was very nice, and on the way home we circled around Mishkenot Shannanim and walked home through Mamila. We got back home as most people were finishing dinner so we ate in a corner and then went and hung out with our friends. Jordana, Debbie and I hung around on a porch upstairs for a while before a number of us headed downstairs. Jordana, Debbie, Josh, Jesse, Jonny, Rachel, Adina, Brian Ariella and probably other wonderful people and I all spent a few hours talking out in front of Beit Nativ. Jordana and Brian and I went exploring all over the compound at one point and that was really incredible.

Shabbat morning I went to Shira Hadasha again and I enjoyed it. The afternoon was fun and then it was time for the study session. Everything went really well. I tend to take charge in these things but Jordana has a very strong personality so she doesn't get pushed to the background. The two of us complement each other rather nicely - I have a stronger basis in Jewish text but Jordana is a very smart girl and also has a very interesting and poetic perspective on texts that she reads. The study session went very well and soon after we did mincha and maariv and finished up shabbat. It's bedtime now so my recap of the Desert Survival Tiyul will come tomorrow.

Talk to you soon,
Seffi

No comments:

Post a Comment